Meet Chairman Pat Mullins
Pat Mullins, a Virginia resident for nearly 50 years, began his career in Virginia politics in 1972 working for the election of Bill Scott to the United States Senate. He was an active grass-roots worker, precinct captain, and volunteer. He ran unsuccessfully as the Republican candidate for Board of Supervisors in Fairfax County in 1979 and 1987.
He ran for Chairman of the Fairfax County Republican Committee in 1990, winning that convention that was attended by over 1,000 delegates.
He served as Chairman of the Fairfax County Republican Committee from 1990 to 1996. During that time, he was successful in leading the Republican Party to its first Republican Majority on the Board of Supervisors in the County history in 1991, helped elect multiple new House of Delegate and State Senate members, helped elect George Allen to the Virginia Governorship in 1993 by carrying Fairfax County, and helped elect Republican Congressman Tom Davis to the 11th
Congressional District seat in 1994, defeating ultra-liberal Leslie Byrne.
Pat moved to Louisa County in 1998 and joined the Republican Committee there working as a grass-roots volunteer. Last year he was elected Chairman of the Louisa County Republican Committee. Since becoming Chairman, Party membership has grown by 400%. At the Don Huffman Republican Advance, the Louisa Party was named most improved unit committee in the 7th Congressional District.
Pat works for Markel Insurance of Glen Allen, VA and specializes in equine insurance.
During his professional career, Pat has been a community activist, serving as (partial list):
- District Governor of Rotary - District 760 Virginia
- President of the Annandale Chamber of Commerce
- President of the Annandale Rotary Club
- President of the Annandale/Springfield National Little League
- President of the Fairfax County Council of PTAs
- President of the Turnpike Basketball League
- President of the National Therapeutic Riding Association
Pat was married to his wife Jackie for nearly 47 years before she went home to be with the Lord in June 2010. Pat's four children-Cathy, Steve, Mike, and Debbie- all graduated from Virginia Universities, and he has 6 grandchildren who are all born and bred Virginians.
Pat was born in St. Albans, West Virginia, graduated from Columbia University in New York City with a BA Degree. Pat also received a JD Degree from George Washington University.
On May 30th, 2009, he was elected Chairman of the Republican Party of Virginia, and was re-elected to a second term in June 2012.
- RT @KenCuccinelli: My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the Tornado in Oklahoma.
- RT @BobMcDonnell: Thoughts and prayers with people of Oklahoma. Virginia stands ready to help.
- RT @The_RGA: Please consider making a donation to the Red Cross in support of those affected by the tornadoes in Oklahoma today: t.c…